No recreation or film evening could be full with out do-it-yourself popcorn in our home. It’s a simple deal with that takes about 5 minutes to whip up and you need to use so many alternative toppings. Homemade popcorn is a type of issues that you simply actually don’t want the store-convenience, microwave popcorn baggage. All you want is a stovetop and a good-sized pot with lid. This specific curry popcorn variation is among the simpler recipes we do and it’s all depending on having a good-flavored curry powder.
Coconut Curry Popcorn
Author: Erin Alderson
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- half cup popcorn kernels
- 1/Four cup unsweetened coconut flakes, toasted
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons ginger powder
- Heat coconut oil over medium warmth in a big inventory pot with a lid. Add kernels, cowl with a lid, and cook dinner, shaking the pot often to stop burning. Continue to cook dinner till popping slows.
- Remove from warmth and add the coconut flakes, coconut oil, curry powder, and ginger powder. Put the lid again on and shake vigorously till popcorn is properly coated.
- Cover with lid and shake vigorously for 10-15 seconds. Serve instantly.
Step by Step
There are infinite potentialities with regards to making do-it-yourself popcorn however for this recipe I’m going to concentrate on maintaining the curry powder, as a result of it makes the recipe. Just a few methods you possibly can up the anty on this curry popcorn:
Curry Variations: I really like enjoying round with completely different curry spice blends (there’s a variety of variation from one curry powder to the following). Just a few completely different ones to take a look at embody Jamaican, Japanese, or Madras.
Sweet: We like to sometimes make do-it-yourself kettle corn by including a little bit of cane sugar to the melted coconut (earlier than including the corn). Try including 2 to three tablespoons of cane sugar earlier than popping- it provides the right quantity of sweetness!
Spicy: If you choose up a curry powder that isn’t spicy however need that kick, strive including a pinch or two of cayenne to the combination!
We preserve corn kernels available always. Popcorn is an ideal, wholesome snack that may even fulfill my yearning for sweets once in a while. As talked about above, there isn’t a want for particular gear or microwavable baggage. Just a few of my favourite popcorn variations:
First revealed on February 13th, 2012. Last up to date on April 1st, 2017.