Leftovers appear to be a continuing battle in our home. I might simply eat the identical factor for a number of days in a row however my husband isn’t so eager on that. This leaves me consistently attempting to reinvent leftovers (or simply prepare dinner smaller batches- it’s the explanation virtually each picture I publish solely has one or two bowls within the set-up.)
This broccoli frittata sandwich is a go-to in our home, primarily as a result of every time I make a frittata, there’s not less than one slice leftover. Sure, you possibly can reheat a frittata however why try this when you possibly can smash it in a grilled cheese sandwich?
Broccoli Frittata Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Use your leftovers to make a beautiful grilled cheese sandwich!
- 1 recipe for broccoli frittata
- three to four teaspoons brown mustard, elective
- 2 biscuits or four items of bread
- three ounces sharp cheddar cheese
- Olive oil, for brushing
- Make frittata as directed. Save 2 slices of the frittata as leftovers to make these grilled cheese sandwiches.
- Preheat griddle over low warmth. Assemble the sandwiches by spreading 1 couple teaspoons of mustard on one slice of bread. Layer 1 slice of the frittata together with half the cheese and high with second slice of bread. Repeat with second sandwich.
- Brush the highest of the sandwich with olive oil and place that aspect down on pan. Brush the highest aspect of the sandwich with olive oil. Grill on either side till browning and cheese is melting, three to five minutes per aspect. Repeat for second sandwich.
by Erin Alderson
There are some recipes I’ll inform you to comply with as written however this isn’t certainly one of them. This ‘recipe’ is all about utilizing up leftovers within the simplest way attainable.
Quesadilla: Ditch the bread, lower the frittata into strips, and place in a tortilla with cheese to make a quesadilla.
Frittata filling: This works effectively with a myriad of frittata fillings. Squash, tomatoes, candy potatoes, or any greens. This is all about utilizing leftovers.
Cheese: I just like the broccoli/cheddar mixture however you should utilize any cheese you may need readily available.