I’m a bit shocked that it has taken me this lengthy to share a whole-roasted cauliflower recipe however I used to be ready for the right model. Turns out, the right model existed with just a little assist from certainly one of my favourite recipes on the positioning: tikka masala lentils. This paste is a vegan recipe’s greatest pal. It’s stuffed with taste, mixes nicely as a sauce or marinade, and freezes nicely (I at all times make a triple batch!)
This tikka masala cauliflower is ideal for dinner, both for a household or as a vacation addition. I’d suggest serving this with a chickpea or lentil salad, for a lift of protein. You may additionally change the millet with quinoa.
Whole Roasted Tikka Masala Cauliflower
A stunning vegan foremost, this tikka masala is full of taste and is ideal served on virtually any grain.
- 1/three cup packed cilantro
- 1/three cup packed flat-leaf parsley
- zest from 1 lemon
- 1/four teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- three to four tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375˚F.
- Assemble the cauliflower marinade by mixing 1/four cup of the masala paste with the coconut milk. Prepare the cauliflower by eradicating the leaves and reducing off any further base half. Make certain, nonetheless, to not minimize too far into the cauliflower. You need all of the florets to carry.
- Place the cauliflower in a small dutch oven and canopy with the masala paste. Place a lid on the dutch oven and switch to the oven. Cook for 30 minutes. Remove the lid and proceed to cook dinner for an additional 20 to 30 minutes. The cauliflower ought to have darkened and be simply pierced with a knife.
- While the cauliflower cooks, place the herbs on a reducing board together with the lemon zest and salt. Mince the herbs collectively till nicely mixed and finely chopped. Place in a bowl and measure within the lemon juice and whisk within the olive oil.
- When the cauliflower is finished, place millet on a serving platter and high with the cauliflower. Drizzle the cauliflower with half the sauce and serve the remaining sauce alongside the cauliflower.
by Erin Alderson
Tips & Tricks: Make the masala paste forward of time and freeze for up to a couple months. I exploit it in these lentils, this potatoes, or these smothered potatoes.
Nutrition: see the information.
|Serving Size||1/four of the cauliflower|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 371 Calories from fats|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 22.four||34%|
|Saturated Fat 5.1||26%|
|Dietary Fiber 7.6||30%|
Percent Daily Values are based mostly on a 2,000 calorie eating regimen. Your day by day values could also be larger or decrease relying in your calorie wants:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
Tikka Masala Cauliflower
I don’t deviate within the masala paste. I’ve been making it the identical manner for years and it’s a household favourite. You can, nonetheless, swap across the grains and sauce. A pair choices:
Herb Sauce: The sauce is extra of a topping. It doesn’t add a ton of sauciness to the general dish. If you’re on the lookout for extra sauce, I like to recommend making a cashew or tahini sauce and mixing the herbs into that.
Grains: As talked about above, serve the cauliflower on quinoa or use a multigrain pilaf.
Spice-level: Adjust the masala paste to your liking. For my toddler, I depart the chili flakes out and it really works.