Post sponsored by Frontier Co-op. See under for extra particulars.
One of my favourite methods to serve squash is a dish that showcases the great thing about the squash. Usually this implies the squash is left in a semi-whole state and stuffed. These roasted kuri wedges have a daring taste matched with a straightforward bulgur salad topping. Perfect for the vacations or as a dinner for impressing your folks.
These jerk roasted kuri squash quarters are a little bit of a mixture between a standard jerk marinade and the jerk seasoning. The marinade sometimes makes use of all complete and contemporary components (even all the way down to contemporary allspice berries if obtainable). However, for ease of the recipe, I used Frontier Co-op’s ground allspice together with a little bit of cinnamon so as to add heat. Traditional jerk marinade additionally makes use of scotch bonnet peppers however I cook dinner for crowds that want a bit decrease warmth stage.
Jerk Roasted Kuri Squash with Bulgur Salad
- 1 pink kuri squash
- 2 tablespoons minced scallion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresno or pink jalapeño pepper
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced contemporary thyme
- 1 teaspoon minced contemporary ginger
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon floor Frontier Co-op Allspice
- 1/four teaspoon floor cinnamon
- 2 to three tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 400˚F. Quarter the squash and take away the seeds. Place cut-side up in a roasting pan.
- In a small bowl mix the scallions with the fresno pepper, garlic, thyme, ginger, soy sauce, allspice, and cinnamon. Stir, including sufficient olive oil to type a thick paste. Spoon the paste over the squash, spreading throughout all of the flesh of the squash. Roast till the squash is tender, 35 to 45 minutes.
- While the squash is roasting, mix the arugula with the bulgur and pomegranate seeds. Add within the French dressing and toss till mixed.
- Once the squash is completed, divide the arugula onto the roasted squash.
by Erin Alderson
Tips & Tricks: Make the marinade forward of time if wanted.
Stock up: get the pantry components you will have: arugula, bulgur, pomegranate seeds
Nutrition: see the data.
Jerk Roasted Kuri Squash
There are many various methods you may go together with this meal- I simply extremely advocate not messing an excessive amount of with the jerk marinade (simply my opinion!) You might even do a peeled/cubed squash roasted within the marinade and added to a giant salad (suppose a roasted butternut squash salad with spinach and sorghum.)
Squash: Swap out the pink kuri squash for acorn squash and even wedges of butternut squash.
Greens: Swap out the arugula for chopped spinach or kale.
Grains: Any grain will work with this. I just like the quick-cooking of the bulgur however you might go together with quinoa for those who wished an equally fast substitute. I additionally like a heartier grain, like spelt or sorghum, so as to add texture.
Disclosure: This recipe was created in partnership with Frontier Co-op. All ideas and opinions are my very own. It’s content material like this that helps me hold this website working to offer the vegetarian recipes you see each week.