One of the challenges I really like when cooking for others is to assist change the narrative a bit round indulgent meals. I eat decently 90% of the time however often as soon as every week, I chill and eat one thing fully totally different. It’s usually one thing fried and it’s often all the time scrumptious (my favourite is fried cauliflower with a runner up of loaded french fries).
However, generally I’ve simply have a crap day and wish one thing that tastes indulgent however is definitely filled with goodness. Enter these candy potato wedges. This recipe comprises three wonderful elements that come collectively for, in my thoughts, an ideal meal. Roasted candy potatoes are topped with a scrumptious peanut granola and luscious peanut sauce. It may very well be an appetizer however I’ve been identified to name these dinner. Also, I feel this concept can be wonderful with Laura’s completely crisp sweet potato fries!
Sweet Potato Wedges with Peanut Sauce
A scrumptious appetizer or dinner that includes roasted candy potatoes smothered with a straightforward peanut sauce and peanut granola.
- 1 giant candy potato
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1/four teaspoon salt
- 1/four cup uncooked peanuts
- 1/four cup rolled oats
- 1 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon brown rice syrup
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 400˚F. Cut the candy potato into ½” thick wedges and toss with peanut oil and salt. Spread right into a single layer on a sheet tray and roast till tender and browning; 30 to 40 minutes.
- Place the peanuts and rolled oats on a slicing board. Roughly chop till the peanuts are in smaller items. Place on a tray coated with parchment paper and add the 1 tablespoon peanut oil, brown rice syrup, and a pinch of salt. Stir till nicely mixed. Bake till browning, 15 minutes or so, stirring a pair instances throughout cooking.
- While the candy potatoes prepare dinner, whisk collectively the substances for the sauce.
- Once the candy potatoes are accomplished, place on a plate and drizzle with peanut sauce, granola, cilantro, and scallions.
by Erin Alderson
Sweet Potato Wedges
Soup: This would possibly sound a bit unusual however attempt making a easy candy potato soup with candy potatoes, onions, garlic, vegetable broth, and a little bit of coconut milk. Then swirl within the peanut sauce and high with a sprinkle of the granola.
Tahini/Sesame Seeds: No peanuts? No drawback. Swap out the peanut butter and peanuts for tahini and sesame seeds.
Produce: This mixture additionally works rather well with roasted broccoli or grilled bok choy. I’ve additionally accomplished one thing comparable with Brussels however I discover their taste to be a bit sturdy for the peanut sauce.