I’ve talked about earlier than my weak point for fried meals. It’s undoubtedly a bunch of meals I don’t eat usually and it’s uncommon that I make something fried at dwelling (the oil!) However, over time, I’ve morphed how I make dumplings to assist in giving me a style of one thing salty and crunchy. These Brussels sprout potstickers are fairly presumably my favourite. I’ll at all times throw cabbage into dumplings and this model is simply an extension of that. There’s just a few methods you may go about shaving Brussels sprouts: a mandoline, a meals processor with a shredding attachment, or a pointy knife. I usually select the knife however the meals processor makes fast work of the small heads.
Shaved Brussels Sprouts and Ginger Potstickers
Crisp dumplings made with shredded Brussels sprouts for a straightforward and scrumptious winter deal with.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/Four cup minced scallions
- 1 1/Four cup shredded brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 2 tablespoons recent minced parsley
- 2 tablespoons recent minced cilantro
- 12-16 dumpling wrappers
- 1 to 2 tablespoon sesame or olive oil, for frying
- Tamari or soy sauce, for topping
- Toasted sesame seeds, for topping
- Heat olive oil in a big skillet. Add minced scallion and cook dinner for two minutes. Add in Brussels Sprouts, lemon juice, and ginger; cooking till Brussels sprouts are brighter in coloration and simply tender, Three-Four minutes. Remove from warmth and stir within the parsley and cilantro.
- Set up an assembling station with a small bowl of water, filling, and wrappers. Working with one pores and skin at a time, place about 1 tablespoon of filling within the center. Dip your finger within the water and run it alongside your entire fringe of the wrapper. Fold each finally ends up (or corners in case you are utilizing sq. wrappers) and flippantly pinch. Working with one aspect, pleat and pinch collectively ensuring that when pleated, the potsticker is sealed. Repeat with remaining filling and wrappers.
- Wipe out the skillet you used for the filling, return to medium-low warmth, and add sufficient oil to cowl the underside of the pan (you solely want a skinny layer). Working in batches if vital, place potstickers, flat-side down, into the oil with out crowding the pan. Cook for two minutes or so, till the aspect is crisp and golden. Flip, cook dinner for one more 2 minutes or so and switch to a plate.
- Serve the dumplings with a aspect of soy sauce and a sprinkle of toasted sesame seeds.
by Erin Alderson
Tips & Tricks: If you’ve got additional time, I like to recommend doubling/tripling the batch and freeze the additional. To freeze, after pleating, place on a tray in order that no potsticker is touching one other and freeze. Once frozen it’s possible you’ll then switch to a container. When able to eat, you may cook dinner them frozen- simply enable for just a little additional time.
Brussels Sprout Potstickers
Cabbage: As talked about above, you possibly can simply add or swap out the Brussels Sprouts for a little bit of shredded cabbage. Other hearty greens and even broccoli would work as effectively.
Garlic: Swap out the onion for a clove or two of minced garlic.
Gluten-Free: Most of the wrappers you discover in shops will not be gluten-free. However, wrappers are straightforward to make at home- here’s a recipe.