Post sponsored by Frontier Co-op. See beneath for extra particulars.
There are some objects I don’t use terribly usually in my kitchen. These are the objects that make their solution to the again of the cupboard, the objects that while you want it it’s important to pull every part out and hope your reminiscence isn’t defective concerning the final time you bought the ingredient. I don’t have many of those components however Poppy Seeds are undoubtedly one of many few. Sure, there are poppy seed muffins and one in every of my favourite scones, however I don’t bake as a lot as I had been. So, what’s a woman to do with a bottle of Frontier Co-op Poppy Seeds? Make a savory dish!
This poppy seed cream sauce is a slight riff on my favourite lemon-cream sauce. I used to be impressed to strive poppy seeds after seeing this recipe. Just studying by way of the recipe, I knew I needed to strive a vegetarian model. The faint trace of nuttiness from the poppy seeds is fantastic with the lemon and cauliflower. The general dish is a hearty fall/winter meal and a stunning approach to make use of up that bottle of poppy seeds you in all probability have hiding in your spice cupboard.
Roasted Cauliflower Pasta with Poppy Seed Cream Sauce
A scrumptious and hearty pasta that includes roasted cauliflower and a wealthy poppy seed cream sauce. Perfect to please the vegetarians throughout this vacation season!
- 1 small head of cauliflower
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/four teaspoon sea salt
- 6 ounces complete wheat pasta
Poppy Seed Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Frontier Co-op Organic Poppy Seeds
- half cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- half cup grated parmesan
- Pasta water, as wanted
- Red chile flakes, for serving
- Heat oven to 425˚F. Chop the cauliflower into bite-sized items. Place on a sheet tray and toss with the minced garlic, olive oil, and salt. Roast till browning and tender, 25 to 30 minutes.
- While the cauliflower is roasting, cook dinner the pasta till just-tender. Drain, reserving a few of the pasta water, and put aside.
- Into a big skillet with excessive sides, measure in heavy cream and the 1 teaspoon of lemon zest. I eyed it, about half lemon. Bring the sauce to a simmer and let cook dinner till it thickens barely, 6 to eight minutes. Stir in lemon juice and parmesan on the finish.
- Add the roasted cauliflower and pasta to the skillet, stirring the combination collectively till the noodles are effectively coated. If the sauce is simply too thick, add a splash or two of pasta water to skinny the sauce a bit.
- Serve with a sprinkle of crimson chili flakes if desired.
Poppy Seed Cream Sauce
The beautiful factor about pasta is that it may possibly actually remodel into no matter you want. There are a couple of stable gluten-free pasta choices now and in addition vegan pasta sauce recipes. With a couple of simple swaps, you can also make anybody in your loved ones completely happy!
Greens: This poppy seed cream sauce is superb with greens. I like so as to add a little bit of sauteed chard or kale to the pasta. It provides a pleasant taste and bulks up the crops on this dish.
Pasta: Use your favourite pasta. I went homemade whole wheat pasta however you possibly can simply use your favourite gluten-free pasta to make this complete recipe gluten-free pleasant.
Vegan: This isn’t my first cauliflower pasta and doubtless received’t be my final. However, the opposite model I’ve on this website makes use of a scrumptious vegan almond sauce– excellent for making this dish vegan!
Disclosure: This recipe was created in partnership with Frontier Co-op. All ideas and opinions are my very own. It’s content material like this that helps me hold this website working to offer the vegetarian recipes you see each week.