If you’ve caught on by now, you may need observed that lots of my parts I share additionally occur to work nicely with pizza. Olive tapenade, garlicky greens, and romesco are just a few of my favorites. And clearly this, roasted butternut squash (with this pizza!) This pizza is a model that finds itself in rotation throughout the cooler months. I sometimes don’t use ricotta however I’ve been discovering I’ve leftover ricotta stashed within the fridge as a rule. Best of all, I give a vegan riff beneath (and I barely miss the cheese!)
Ricotta Butternut Squash Pizza with Spinach
A scrumptious and exquisite fall/winter pizza that includes a roasted butternut squash element together with whipped ricotta, spinach, and mozzarella cheese.
- 1 cup complete milk ricotta
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/four teaspoon sea salt
- 1/four teaspoon black pepper
- 2 sprigs of thyme, stems eliminated
- 1 do-it-yourself or store-bought pizza dough (see observe)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups roasted butternut squash component
- 2 cups child spinach leaves
- half of small pink onion, thinly sliced
- 6 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- Parmesan, for topping
- Chili flakes, for serving
- Preheat oven to 500˚F. If utilizing a pizza stone, place on the very best rack. Prepare the pizza topping. Whip the ricotta with the milk, salt, pepper, and thyme.
- In a great non-stick floor (like a pizza peel sprinkled with cornmeal), stretch and roll the dough right into a circle roughly 12 to 14” in dimension. Rub the olive oil over the crust then unfold the ricotta over many of the dough. Top with the recent spinach, onion slices, and roasted butternut squash. Finish with the mozzarella cheese and bake till the crust is golden and cheese browning, 12 to 15 minutes (time is determined by how nicely your oven holds heat- begin checking after about eight minutes).
- Remove pizza from oven and sprinkle with freshly grated parmesan cheese and pink pepper flakes if desired.
Tips & Tricks: I all the time maintain a stash of pizza dough balls within the freezer. As lengthy as I bear in mind to thaw them, pizza is a fast dinner possibility (particularly in the event you make the butternut squash element forward of time!)
Nutrition: see the information.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 471 Calories from fats|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 24.three||37%|
|Saturated Fat 12.9||65%|
|Dietary Fiber three.7||15%|
Percent Daily Values are primarily based on a 2,000 calorie eating regimen. Your each day values could also be greater or decrease relying in your calorie wants:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
Butternut Squash Pizza
The stunning factor about this butternut squash pizza is you can swap lots of the components and nonetheless have a scrumptious pizza. A number of of my favorites:
Greens: Swap out the spinach for no matter sorts of greens of may need readily available: kale, chard, or collards would all work. I do advocate wilting the heartier grains earlier than topping the pizza.
Garlic Oil: Swap out the ricotta for a little bit of olive oil and garlic. This helps lightened the pizza a bit.
Vegan: This pizza is cumbersome sufficient that you would simply make it vegan. Swap the dairy ricotta in your favourite vegan ricotta (both tofu or a homemade almond ricotta). From there, you need to use vegan cheese or depart it off- the almond ricotta and the greens are sufficient!